Sunday, December 17, 2006

Lazy


My lie in. Stayed up too late, so didn't really benefit. The boy had a good night and steady day.

Stayed up late last night. Desperate for time to myself. Trying to come to terms with all that has happened. Meant I didn't benefit from the lie in. Last two mornings I have woken up with a swollen lip. I must be chewing it in the night.

Did lots of housework this morning. Need the house to be clean if he is coming home soon. It was pretty grubby after three weeks without a clean. Glad of additional time without having to talk to anyone.

The boy had a good lie in. Playful with Mummy in the morning. Pleased to see me but very disappointed that I was not accompanied by auntie. Said he wanted to give her a hug when she arrived. Which he duely did. Auntie kindly looked after him for a bit, to allow the wife and me to discuss what preparations we needed to do to ensure we are ready for whenever we get home. Don't know what we'd do without auntie's unstinting support. Afternoon spent with the boy doing plenty of racing round the ward in a little car. Good for improving his wasted leg muscles. The wife noted that as he walked before the op he is trying to do so again. Better than the last op, when he hadn't, so was only prepared to crawl for ages.

Very tired when time for bed. He is really objecting to the twice daily trachy cuff deflation and inflation. Having it inflated so much must be uncomfortable.