Saturday, November 25, 2006

Between the wars

Second day back. But first day of normality.

Work provided a greater number of challenges than is usual for a Friday. But at least I was able to focus properly on it. A few people have asked about the outcome of the operation but by and large people have, as ever, ignored the elephant in the room. Whenever I've asked about this most work colleagues say the same things. "I didn't want to pry" or "I thought I'd leave it to you to say something if you wanted". I can see that they are trying to be kind and there is that awkward boundary issue at work that doesn't arise with friends or family. Just has a tendancy to add to the isolation sometimes.

Left work early as usual for Friday to provide cover for the wife. Had a good time with the boy playing tea parties for the teddies and making tunnels for Thomas the tank engine. Happily he did not want to watch TV. Perhaps he is fed up with it from watching so much in hospital.