Friday, January 12, 2007

Chemical beats

The boy starts on chemo again today.

He went to see the oncologist yesterday for an assessment ahead of re-starting chemo. He said it was a good trip. He saw a doctor but she did not have a blue hat (i.e. not in theatre gown). But he did see a little ambulance (ambulance car) and a big ambulance. And he went there in a blue car.

Chemo has to be done. But that doesn't make it any more welcome. He will lose his hair. He will start to look waxy. And his risk of chest infections will rise over the next two weeks. Depressing prospect.

His latest game, when I get home, is to make me go to bed. He makes sure I am tucked in. Then he says "na na" (night night), waves and leaves the room. Then he will come back to check on me, putting me back in bed if I have got up. Very sweet.

Labels: ,